Random Blog The Whisky Club

Monday, March 19, 2007

Hawaiian Times

I was so bored today that I ran through my old photos and guess what I've found. A few years back when I was still in Hawaii, my good old brother and his fren Jeff came down to visit me. This was one of the best times I had, it is a memory that I've almost forgotten. But nevertheless; it is great so I thought I would share it with u guys. Plus, mebbe give some input about Hawaii =) Some people still thinks that Hawaii is just one island but actually no, they consist of 8 main islands (e.g Maui, Kauai, Big Island, Oahu and can't remember =P)

Diamond Head

I have lived in Hawaii for more than 2 years and it is definitely a place worth visiting at least once in your life. I still remember the first time I step out of the airport terminal in Hawaii. The first thing I noticed is the air, it is so light and easy to breathe. One of the things I loved about Hawaii is how carefree it was (but 2 years is enuff la....and island is still an island). People walk and drive as though it was their last day of their life, and they want to enjoy it. The other thing about Hawaii is the nature is so raw and fresh. Everything from extremely green grasses, white sands, strong winds, violent waves, flowing red lavas, whales and dolphins and beautiful undisturbed scenery. It feels like your in the middle of paradise. Not forgetting the people there are so friendly and beautiful. Can't really explain so here are some pics.

Hanauma Bay

Hawaiian Sunset

green & blue

DSC02932

As for hotel lodging, it is not as expensive as you might think. There are hostels that rent out at the price of $16 a night and as for hotels the cheap ones (Ohana hotels) are around $70 a night.

Pink Hotel
This one very expensive and sorry cheap one very ugly so no pics =P

Always try to make online reservations as they are cheaper and if you're on a budget try not to come here during peak season (Summer). As for transportation, the public bus offers tourist to buy bus cards where they can take as many rides as they want over a certain amount of days. So the only thing that cost alot is the air ticket and the activities that you might want to do. OK...nevermind, back to my story...I'll leave this to the tourguide and let the picture do the talking.

Yea, the best part of their holiday was when we hung out at the beach, at Waikiki street, around town and in the sea. I still remembered one incident when I tricked John. As you see, there are many artistes and performers along the strip of Waikiki and one of them are people dressed like statues and not move for a particular long period of time. While walkin around, I told John that he should take a picture with one of those 'historical statues' and he did. Look wat happened...*ngekngek*

John, Statue and His mom

Statue & John

Crazy Jefff also pull out a hilarious stunt when he say a bike stand (or watever they call it). It is where you park your bicycles and lock it.

Stupid Jeff

And yes...how can I forget. The ladies =P...all hot and tanned and running around in bikinis =P.

DSC02638

They range from Hawaiian,Korean, Japanese, Philipinos, Chinese, Eurasian, and plus most of them are mixed. I still remember having a hard time concentrating in classes when my mind is thinking bout the bikini babe standin in front of me in the bus =P. *ngekngek*. By the way, many of you might not know this but the Polynesians from Hawaii have been said to be originated from South East Asia. They travelled to Hawaii a long long time ago. And I guess they also took along with them all the hot babes =P

Me, John & Jeff

Hey bros, thanks for coming by man. And as for Jeff, its been along time since I've talked to you. So how is life? Apa sudah jadi dengan awak?

2 shots of whisky:

akleincney said...

The air in Hawaii is light and easy to breath cos you in the plane for too long with the mix toxic air from all diff kind of ppl.. :p

Victor Tan said...

hahahah...yea hor..mebbe its the sweaty guy i sat next to. =P