Random Blog The Whisky Club

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Are you cohabiting?

What do you think? I was watchin this TV program talking bout Marriage vs Cohabiting and I never really thought bout it. Yes that I've stayed with my ex for like 2 1/2 years together and that wasn't really somethin planned prior to marriage but it was an experience. But I think marriage doesn't really need to be tested with cohabitin together although highly popular nowadays. It is more likely the big things between the partners that are potential conflicts to marriages rather than the small ones like sleeping behavior or not closing the caps of your toothbrush. Things such as lifestyles, passion, perception of children, and future plannings are crucial and should be understood and respected.

boy_proposing_marriage-

To me, people today are getting more and more complicated and time is so limited relative to the choices we are opened to. For instance, woman nowadays are working, the whole world is getting smaller where one person is connected to everyone across the globe with a click of a button, and people are travelling and being exposed more. So thus, people are not really keen of getting married early as they want to explore first. Even if they do get married, it is getting more prevalent that divorce is no longer such a big issue as before. To me its saddening but that has become a fact of life in this fast paced world.

marriage-thoughts

Maybe communication is key and both partners must be ready to commit. Yeap, its quite chaotic out there =/. In this few months, I've seen so much of break-ups, hic ups and scandals dat it actually seem normal already. I hope I don't marry someone who gonna turn out like some desperate housewife material. No point marrying at all right? *kekek* Oh ya, of coz u must love one another. How could I have forgotten that =P. Ok signing out. My future wife must be sun-tanning somewhere in Japan right now. *slurp* =P

Oh ya, one other thing. If you think that you want to shape your current girlfriend so that she can be a perfect model of what your parents would think as a wife; ermm... don't. Coz its not your parent's wife. Its yours. I know the pressure for a guy could be quite tought especially when you want to satisfy your parents as well. Trust me, at some point during my 7 years relationship... I was there.

0 shots of whisky: