Random Blog The Whisky Club

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Sexy' Singapore Part I

First day..

It has been at least 3 years since I made a trip to Singapore, although it was an unplanned trip, why unplanned? (sorry ya, rather keep the details from the rest of the world), but I did make the best out of it. When I was at the office, got a phonecall from D's mom who is so sweet to send her regards to me. D was sweet too, so nice of her to offer to accompany my mom who is going to be at home alone for this 2 days. (Hugs) 4 hours before my scheduled flight, I went to Damansara Indah to have lunch with Mel and her friend, Ovidea (i know, hard to pronouce... took me forever to get it right) and luckily still made it in time for the flight. I asked them to come down and join me in S'pore and guess wat...they actually came man. What good friends =). Okei, I know its for the shopping but hei...still touchin wat! Will tell ya more bout that in part 2. On the way to the airport with my sis, I messaged Sweetmea (nickname), which is a cyber friend of mine for years... can't really remember how I got to know her but we have kept in touch from time to time. Missed the chance of meetin her for the first time when she was down in KL one year back (sorry yea -_-...battery died...grr..real stupid phone I have), so I thought this would be a good chance of finally meeting up =) Its about time wei...right Mea? Turns out, she is sweeter in real life den I could've thought... more beautiful in fact. Too bad TAKEN WEI. For some reason, she actually tried hiding dat from me. Okei okei, she just got together with this pilot. Nice guy in fact. Damn it! Lol

I called her when I touched down S'pore at about 7 plus. Here is how she almost called her bf a fren. Aiseh...wat la you Mea. Lol

SWEETMEA: Hi, you reached dy? Do you wanna come join us for dinner at Sunset City (actually its Suntec...how i know wei)
ME: Nah, I think I'll join you after that. I'll teman my colleague. So what you doing now? What you got planned for us tonite?
SWEETMEA: Actually, I'm with ..er ..er (laugh & lower tone) my boyfriend
ME: *dissapointed* (no la!) Oh okei
SWEETMEA: You can join us for dinner if you want, den later mebbe we head out to this bar named Balabala (actually Balaclava..how i know la again?)
ME: Okei, anything.. I'll call you after dinner alrite? (*thinks to myself*...wah lao..Balabala? sounds like some ah neh neh's live band bar)
SWEETMEA: Kays



Half way through dinner, I received a message and its states something like " I'm at this place called NUSS, there is performance here and drinks are cheap cheap! We can drink here or anywhere you like" (Okei)
So, arrangements were made and we met up. So I finally made it to this place called NUSS The graduate society. Man, if you're not from S'pore and if the spot is in one of those gigantic shopping centre... Its almost impossible to find a particular venue. But because of my super sixth sense and telepathy to find leng lui.. lol.. I found it. At first, when I entered...I told myself...hmm this can't be the place coz it looks exactly like the administrators office of my uni. One old frowny lady at the desk, no music nobody... apa lagi.. hehe. However, just to make sure I called Sweetmea. While callin her I walked about and to my surprise there was actually a bar there. Nice cozy and pretty classy atmosphere but still very empty. Wonder how this place actually sustain itself. I saw a guy and a girl sittin at one table but just can't really make out if its her. Then she answered, "Is that u?" and she stood up smiling at me wavin me to come in.

SWEETMEA: hello, can you find the place? Its up to you if you wanna come here or to Balaclava? (can't really pronounce this at first either...geez...people are either getting more creative nowadays or I have to read up more)
ME: I'm here already, is that you?
SWEETMEA: (Stood up and head look afar...started waving) Hei!!..

Then we started kissing ...lol. Just jokin guys...this is not that supersexy babe la. She introduced me to her boyfriend, watch this two lovey dovey eats dinner and had a couple of drinks over some good life music.



Found out a very nice song "Love me" which they ask the guy to sing. Can't seem to find that song...damn! Please help me to find that song Mea. Later on that night, Adrian (her bf) fetched us to Balaclava. Dat is just sweet isn't it? No wonder she said that he got 99% of what she wants from a man; but that 1% is height. Hey Mea, height is not important le..so as long as u happy can dy. =)


Bar at Balaclava



I was jokin to Mea about it, "hey... means I secured that 1% la. Wah lao, if I met you earlier..." lol.. We laughed about it over white wine and hey... this girl can drink. Hey Mea, I'm so happy for you as life is going smooth for ya. I had a great time and hope we will meet again soon. Call me when you're down here for Chinese New Year alrite? Man, Balaclava is really a neat place with really good bands. Me and Mea agreed that we could stay there forever. Heheh.. Fkin' hell, Msia should have more of this kinda night entertainment. Its hard to find a good place to chill around here. Anyways for those of you that dig life bands, you gotta check this place out the next time you make a trip to S'pore.






Address: 1 Raffles Boulevard Suntec City Convension CentreSingapore,




Telephone: 65 3 391 600

0 shots of whisky: