Random Blog The Whisky Club

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Make Love not War

I was just surfin' on Jeff Ooi's site and bumped into a video of Dr. Mahathir talking about criminalizing war.



Man, its been a long time since I saw him talkin but loads of respect to the man that got Malaysia thus far. Although I've never really spoken or talked about any politics related topics as much, but this much is true... without Dr. M, Malaysia will not be where it is today. Despite all the controversy that have taunted our nation with regards to Dr. M, we don't realize that we in some ways are livin and breathin his vision.

Malaysia without Dr. M would means..

1. Our nation will not be speakin English widely
He was the first person that suggested that English should be widely used in Malaysia. I couldn't imagine how my English would have sounded in this entry if it wasn't for that vision. Many a times during my university life, I've wondered how come other students can't speak English which is so crucial for becomin a global citizen. Needless to say, he made our task so much easier in pursuing studies abroad.

2. We won't be put on the map
At the very least, Malaysia is no longer a country no one has heard of. Although there remain some people who are totally ignorant about foreign affairs, I've met and heard many good comments about Malaysia from foreigners who have or have not visited our country. Most of the them loved our food, are impressed with our airport, our twin tower and the people.

Of course there are some irritating moments too,
Ignorant Foreigner 1: Malaysia? So you live in the jungle?
(He probably watched too much discovery channel as the M'sian rainforest are often featured there)
Ignorant Foreigner 2: Oh M'sia is near S'pore right? So how small issit compared to S'pore?
(grr... )
Ignorant Foreigner 3: Oh, you're from Malaysia. I see. So which part of the States isit again?
(omfg.... US is not the only country in the map you know ?!?)

As for our own nation, c'mon guys....we are all as one. Whatever race it may be. I hope those in my generation would change things around. Watch this, man...like a bunch of kids fighting. No offense but it really looks awful, even to me.

1 shots of whisky:

@miccoelaine said...

Kor, if I remember correctly, this kind of arguments is considered minor. In Taiwan, they actually fight~! Funny thing is, that is one of their method of shouting out loud to the world there is such a place called TAIWAN. =/ Strange...I don't know how true is that lol!