Random Blog The Whisky Club

Monday, February 26, 2007

DeBSta Finally Blogs

I know I've been procrastinating, but I've been super busy for the past 2 weeks...VICTOR TAN, HERE IS FINALLY MY FIRST ENTRY IN VICKYVACKO :D

After my last trip 6 months back, I travelled to Bangkok yet again to worship the retail gods:
1) The mammoth Siam Paragon 2) the bargain haven MBK (definitely have the Sg. Wang feel) 3) the weekend Chatuchak Market and 4) my most favourite Suan Lum Night Bazaar. All of which I call them my "shopping haven" (to most girls la of course)

Then, I remembered going to Vertigo last year and all I could uttered was "Wow" the whole night but of course, nothing beats Sirocco aka The Dome, Distil Bar (64th floor) & Breeze (51st-52nd floor). Just a little facts, Sirocco is the world’s highest al fresco restaurant with a breathtaking view of Bangkok. The place simply took my breath away....

This is Breeze @ State Tower Breeze @ State Tower



breeze

IMG_3452

Sirocco @ State Tower Sirocco @ State Tower





s4

DSC01408

DSC01445

IMG_3443

But bear in mind, there are many conditions that prohibit people from entering the restaurant:

  1. NO wearing sandals or short-sleeved t-shirts
  2. NO bare midriffs allowed and NO backpacks or rucksacks allowed ("for security reasons")
  3. NO children under five ("for safety reasons")
  4. and oh yea, try not to bring out your camera until you reach the bar (coz they will definitely stop you from taking upstairs)
Nightlife scene of go-go bars and 'tiger' shows is notorious in Bangkok. But be sure to go Thong Lor in Sukhumvit, with its achingly hip mix of restaurants and the must go RCA (Royal City Avenue) - 2 most popular clubs are Slim and Route 66 that boasts a live band in the women's loo (I shit you not) I actually brought my family to club with me and as usual, the family got drunk (its our weekly ritual anyways hahaha).

Ok, so enough of my 'tour report'..here are some of my pictures for your viewing pleasure

IMG_3119

DSC01332 Clubbing @ Route 66

DSC01336 The band in the toilet

DSC01328

IMG_3137

DSC01314
With Dan, sister's boyfriend


IMG_3088

DSC01230 Victoria Monumen

IMG_3112
Pat Pong Street


With siblings @ MBK

IMG_3133
and Siam Paragon


with sis With my sis, Gerry

DSC01306 My fellow drunkard mother :)

You can view more at debsta.multiply.com.... Til' my next entry

5 shots of whisky:

Anonymous said...

heya.. may i know wat camera r u using? nice photos u have!!

Anonymous said...

actually some of the pics are taken from the net but i am currently using the sony t50. think the pic quality isnt that great...still think canon is much better.

Anonymous said...

oh.. i see.. for myself, i prefer casio.. =) anyway, nice trip u had!!!

Victor Tan said...

damn it debs...I'm still jealous of your trip. =( Lets go !

Anonymous said...

alright...lets gooooo! GO BOOK
ahahahahahahaha