Random Blog The Whisky Club

Monday, April 21, 2008

Every beat counts

About 4 years ago, I had a talk with a family friend of mine. He is a consultant and I was in my most troubled time... so I guess he thought that he needed to give me some advise. And so he did, and we had this long chat for about an hour or two right before he catches his flight.

Aside from the regular 'be strong' and 'do what you need' and 'take your time' kinda advise that all of us have heard before.....One of the things I remembered til now is that he actually made me draw a chart of my life. At that moment, honestly.... I thought he got more problems than me to actually think of doing such. But the wonder of it all is that... It actually helped. This little practice makes you walk back through the years of your life and chart the moments that are your happiest and your saddest. And I really did appreciate the talk.. as it gave me strength to at that time.

So I thought I should update my chart, since it is already four years since then. See how I picked up a little after his advise in 2004. (my life really look like a roller coaster ride)

Happy chart copy

Charting life copy


But you know la... life. If it takes just a consultant to bring you happiness.... I'll marry one.

I think if my family friend/consultant saw my progress, he might just quit his job and start selling alcohol. LOL! Maybe even join me drinkin?

Joke aside.. isn't it ironic how my chart looks like a heart beat and the highest and lowest point of my life is due to my first true love?



Now I understand why we say 'I love you with every beat of my heart'. It just means u're prepared for a rollercoaster ride. *stress*

1 shots of whisky:

Anonymous said...

Rollercoaster WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee SPLAT