Random Blog The Whisky Club

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Are you gamed?!

People say travellin will be a very resourceful experience as you will get to learn new things and see new faces. I can't agree more. These past few months, I've learned two very important things in my life which is...TWO AWESOME NEW DRINKIN GAMES!

Dice 21'

This particular game I learned from one of Leen's friends in S'pore (remember the Sg girl?) ...yea.. her friend (i forgot what is his name) was dealin 4 cards on the table and was counting somethin. I was curious as to what he was doing so I ask...."eh....what you doing? You readin fortune ar?" Then he told me that this is a new drinkin game and it requires him to make the cards equals to 21. You can add, subtract, multiply, divide and 'to the power of' but only can use each card once. I tried the game for a bit but gave up for I was too tipsy dat night. What kinda idiot still can do maths when he is consumin alcohol. So I thought..

Anyhoots, one of the nights when everyone seemed pretty bored and needed somethin fresh.... I remembered this game and tried it with my party bunch. HEY!!..... it is actually quite neat. In fact, by the end of the night ....we were the loudest and most craziest donkeys in the pub... n I enjoyed it very much (coz i suck at other drinkin games). So...if you're bored with all those common drinkin games....try it!

Rules:-
1. Use 4 dices or 24 cards (with only all the ones to sixes (4 X 6) to emulate the numbers in the dice)
2. Make the dices equals to 21 while only using each dice once

I know!

Answer: (5+2) X (6/2) = 21

3. When you know the answer say "I know!". Shoutin "I know" signals that you take on the challenge and within 5 secs you have to provide the answer. If the answer is correct, everyone else drinks (a sip). If it is incorrect, then you have to drink the amount of sips equals to the number of players.

Enjoys. N hey.. what the heck, you're doing somethin productive like brushin up on your maths while drinkin! And you look smart with the girls *wink*

Anyone know the answer to this one?

I know!

'Yam Sui' Pool or Foul pool

Ok.... this can actually be a stand alone game without drinkin but its common to play pool with a drink challenge. But since I'm too freakin pro at pool already pool is kinda too easy, this new version really brings back the challenge into pool. I learned this in a pub in PJ from a fellow stranger. I was sittin at a corner when I noticed two elderly wackin color balls with their cue stick.

Yam sui pool!

I remembered laughin for I thought they didn't know how to play the game....but hey... when I found out that they were actually intensionally hittin foul shots after foul shots... I realize how difficult it is. I took out my spare change and attempted to challenge them.... n kena 'tar pao' (got smashed!). How to play?

RuleS:
1. Break the balls as usual with the white ball
2. Instead of white ball being the cuein ball, the color balls are the cueing balls (the ball you hit with your cue stick).
3. Every hit requires your color ball to make contact with the white ball before enterin.
4. Hittin the white ball in or a wrong color ball is a foul. Opponent gets to hit twice.
5. If white ball enters, opponent may place it anywhere in the 'D' area.

You think you're a hustler in pool? Try this.

0 shots of whisky: