Random Blog The Whisky Club

Saturday, June 28, 2008

MOS or MOH?

Finally, the long awaited Ministry of Sound is in town. Okei, not exactly Ministry of Sound but Euphoria by MOS. The past few days they were opening up for medias to come in and yesterday I got the chance to take a sneak into Euphoria by MOS. With the MOS name attached this newly launched club; there is alot to be expected. MOS since its establishment in 1991 in London, have been the House of House Music for clubbers worldwide. To be honest, I was kanchiong spider to see what is inside.

When I reached, I was greeted by security and I had to pass through a metal detector.

Beeep Beeep!

For a moment, I thought I was in the airport liao. But nevertheless that was cool lah. Ini macam baru class mah!

Then I went in and I was told that I can't smoke. 0_0 WHAT!!?! *shake head in disbelief*. It was as though I was in the twilight zone for the moment when I heard that. Did I just pass through that metal detector and reach Singapore ah? Whatever excitement that I had was 50% gone by the time I entered the Mainroom. -_-"

But honestly, this place is neat. It has all the makings of a 1st class club. Awesome sound system, awesome design,

the neat dancefloor

big-ass dancefloor, awesome disco lightings,

Cool Disco beams

multi-levels,

View from 2nd floor

multi-rooms, and of course... skirt peeping glass bridge.

Skirt peeping bridge

That is very important. *lol*

Ok I was fine for a bit until I found out a few other rules. No re-entry, all must pay cover, no free drinks on cover charge and no entry by purchase of bottle. WTF? Three quarter of my friends are not in yet, I told them to buy bottle to get in, I can't get out to assist them in, and they all have to pay cover regardless wether we open bottle or not. Wahliao... that moment on.. my party mood turned from *yay MOS is here!* to *what club is this? so PLP one?* (oh btw.. PLP means Pah lan Pai.. or in layman terms why so action babylotion)

But nevermind, after everything was settled and all my friends stop grumbling and are ready to drink, we ordered. Then this ...

The bill came 0_0

Holy crap. Oh, and btw... there is only Chivas. Which I don't like. So it looks like the night is not going to get any better for me.

We hang around for a bit, while each one of us takes turn to go up the (one and only) stairs to the DSA. Designated Smoking Area.

The DSA

Remember when I said I thought I was in the airport? Yea... the smoking area really made me feel like I really am.

A message to Euphoria MOS,

I was seriously expecting a crazy awesome night yesterday.

M0S = MINISTRY OF SOUND. not MOH = MINISTRY OF HEALTH

Apa lah MOS! First and foremost, kudos for the grand design and kick ass soundsystem. But other than that, I think Malaysia is not ready for this kind of PLP concept yet. From what I understand is if you are going to open something this big... you got to cater to the masses (thats why you got big ass dancefloor in the first place right?) . Your target market should be the young ravers and working classes... very well... but at RM480 per bottle, err... who is going to get drunk and party MOS style? Not a handful. I know several places charges this price, but for house music? And places that charge these prices are normally small (easier to look full) and exclusive like Zeta Bar, Sky bar and Pulse. Plus they are targeting upper executives and royalties. I don't remember the last time I see a Dato' shuffling to house music.

Plus you take away our drinking companion, uncle nicotine... when half your target market smokes. I don't think we are ready for the smoke free thing yet lah.

This is what you'll get. Alot of people walking around to smoking area, alot of them standing listening to the music, alot of friends outside unwilling to pay cover charge, alot of sober people wandering if this is a museum or a club (with so much unfilled space).

I don't know, just kinda dissapointing to see such a nice club go to waste. It seems like the whole marketing plan is aimed for us to party healthily. Err... my opinion. We no Singaporean, and we know how to party. No restrictions can?

P/s: oh yah.. btw.. the other rooms quite pathetic leh. Where is the hardcore R&B!?

..........................

I went to Cocobanana after we decided to scram from MOS. Finally the party started. Thank you Kuku-Banana!!

And they are so kind to save our money too.

Cocobanana's bill to compare

I don't think I'll be going MOS MOH anytime soon. Maybe for a check up if I have any health problem. =P

View from my table

6 shots of whisky:

Anonymous said...

RM483 for a bottle of Chivas? wow... a bit the potong stim right? =(

Victor Tan said...

yea... and Chivas doesn't taste nice -_-"

Anonymous said...

I was so pissed when i went for VIP invitation. That fucking bar made me felt like a beggar begging for free drinks. I waited like fucking 15 mins for a beer but they gave it to ppl that came after me. And that small DSA room? pls wei make a better ventilation in there..i cant even see my friend beside me with all that smoke inside the room.TO MOS: U ARE FUCKING LUCKY U ARE MOS THAT MADE PPL CURIOUS TO TAKE A VISIT.IF YOU DONT FUCKING IMPROVE YOUR SERVICE..BE PREPARE TO CHAP LAP LA

the royale said...

Sky bar not that ex also..

Anonymous said...

thanks for the good review. now i will hafto think about going or not lol.

yapthomas said...

haha... yes.. big place.. big rule... big empty space..