Random Blog The Whisky Club

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sky-High Confidence Level!

Hi, I’m Miss (Victor’s butt) lover, Ashley. (Is there such word as ‘obsess-er’ coz ‘lover’ is just too weak a word to describe how lovely it is.) He’s gonna scold me with some vulgar words again. Basket! Lol.

Honored to be invited to write in this hamsap prestigious blog. Was wondering what topic to write but suddenly i remembered this particular topic i was discussing with my sister the other day. For guys out there, you can take this as a little advice and as for girls, finally someone says it out for you huh?! high five! *smack* 

I was reading an article in Cleo magazine (not the latest issue) the other day. The writer claimed that, women’s confidence towards their appearance deteriorates as they age while men on the other hand... increases like TREMENDOUSLY. Okay okay I was being a bit exaggerating here. But seriously, sometimes I think the over confidence part a bit OVER lah.

We can see how men evolve, from the age where they tried to ‘make it’ in their self shot pictures (try to get the most cunning/stunning angled shots) trying to look like the famous taiwanese band F4.

Mr F4 Wannabe

to the age they try to take pictures from the angle that shows the only bunch of hair left on their shiny head.

I'm cool.. NOT

No matter what, they have this amazingly admirable confidence that they look gorgeous someway somehow, which we of the other species are really lack of. It is said that most men still feel that they look HOT even when they hit their 50s. This is so true if you’re George Clooney or Andy Lau. *slurp*

Andy Lau

Andy Lau

George Clooney

Okey... this is not his best pic...
okei... this might not be his best pic.

But come on lah... facts are facts. Not all of you are George Clooney or Andy Lau ok? And the over confidence part making you look more like George Clowney and Andy Lau Ah Pek. *lol*

Maybe some may find it appalling at times especially when they started to brag on the things they have or how good their facial-bones/ abs/ muscles/ teeth looks (while staring at the mirror themselves}, but hey maybe this could be appealing to some? Who am I to judge?

Too much is not good

But as for me, over-confidence is definitely a turn off. If I hang out with a guy and he starts to talk about how great he looks (even if he does), his brownie points will automatically lower like half the amount left. I don’t know about you but I still believe in the power of being humble. It is good that a person is confident with himself as no confidence looks just as bad as too much. It’s just a matter of not over doing it. So are you Mr-I’m-Oh-so-hot? I surely hope you’re not.

Men are scum!

4 shots of whisky:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, you love Victor's butt? err... you into AR is it?

Ashley Kutcher said...

whats AR? amazing race? why i love his butt? feel it and you'll know why.. these 3 keywords, remember;roundalicious, smackalicious and fantabulous

Anonymous said...

It's ok...I'm sure that I will ever be groping Victor's butt. I'll leave all the butt-groping to you. What is AR? Hahahaha ask Victor lar...

Victor Tan said...

ashley> roundalicious, smackalicious and fantabuluous? Omg... You make my butt sound and look like Brad Pitt. *pengsan*