Random Blog The Whisky Club

Friday, January 11, 2008

1980 Boy

About a month ago, I found this article written by somebody which is my age (born in 1980) and it really brought back hell lots of memories of the boy that I once was.

Little Victor

It was such a long time ago, and we would have never thought that today would be like this. If you are born around my time and is born in Malaysia... you'd most probably went through the below.

We grew up watching Transformers, Thundercats, Woody Woodpecker, Chipmunks, Mickey Mouse, Jem, Mask, Ninja Turtles, Voltron, Baja Hitam, Ultraman n not forgettin POWER RANGERS n BUGS BUNNY!!!

Hey... what happened to my favourite ..Voltron!!

VOLTRON DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE!




had to brush our teeths during recess at primary school?
had to hold plastic cups, line up with your classmates side by side and start brushing our teeths at some open area... or maybe near some drain??

I think the travel toothbrushes got their idea from us... for we were the first batch of people that goes and brush our teeth anywhere for all to see. *lol* Lets all us 80's boys n girls gather by the drain and do that when we are 30. *ekkeke*


Brush your teeth anywhere

not to forget our 'program minum susu' in primary school.. everybody is suppose to buy like cartons of milk that costed 30 cents each.. and you would see everyone drinking it everyday...its d UHT milk...

Susu anyone?

Program minum susu...*kekekek* Sounds fking hilarious now ... I still want more 'Program Minum Susu' can?? This is the new program minum susu.. heheh

New Program Minum Susu

the teachers who would want to punish us must use yellow rulers to hit us on our palms?? 1 metre length..

that a bowl of mihun soup or some soup only costed 50 cents at the school canteen...

Now cost how much? Can anyone tell?? Or do they have McDs in the school now?? I used to bring 1 dollar to school and I have plenty to spare.

went to some sundry shop near the school or to the 'roti' man waiting outside our schools so that we can buy junk food like chickedees, mamee, ding dang with some toys in it, 'Ti Kam',ice-cream and we would play games like monopoly, uno, old maid, and all other card games like that...

Yeaa... remember the car playing cards or the air plane playing cards? We use to go, HEY!! My Airplane more keng chao!! Piiiu piiiuu!! *takes the cards away from crying opponent*

Main Guli (Playing marbles) also was one of my expertise. Now I think girls are better at it =P

Main Guli

another fun time would be during Pendidikan Jasmani. the boys would play football while the girls would play netball... and it would be like we were playing in the world cup...

I miss 'Choppin', a game where we toss the tennis ball in the air and who ever gets it get to throw it really hard on anyone. I was champion of this game but once got hit so hard on the head nearly 'pengsan' (faint)

but of course. the best would be main guli, batu seremban, bottlecaps, ice- cream sticks, 'Pepsi Cola one-two- three', Cops and Robbers, main aci duduk,getah... and for the not so active, those kind of 'book games' where we would use buku latihan to draw and ask our friends to play... and also dot (titik) where its like conquering the other party's dots?

We also use to catch fighting spiders during recess times, and you're always looked up upon if you got the king spider in the school.

fighting spiders

I held the title for about 2 weeks til some kid brought some brown spider and bid my king spider's arm off -_-"


do you remember the popsicles (ice- cream tubes) which are actually ice and colouring that are sold for 10 to 20 cents.. the colourful ones.. where you usually bite off the top to glup it down.

Yea man, now kids only eats Buskin Robbins and Haagen Daz

what about days when we felt like doing naughty things such as folding papers so small to make 'lastik' amd shoot each other... how about throwing chalks??

Lol.. yeah it was irrating and painful when you get hit by one ...

back then, micheal jackson was just turning white.. and still had albums coming out.. compared to CD's, we were listening to casette tapes that sold for RM9.90...

My favourites during that time were Ace of Base, Debbie Gibson and Jive Bunny (that is where all my mambo spirit came from)

in computer class, we were still using black and white computer moniters.. played 'Atari'... maybe SEGA or NINTENDO...

Yea.. had an Atari and shooting some octopus with my tiny space ship seems like the most happening thing to do that time.

well, are we all getting older or what?

1) if you understand what you have read and you are smiling...

Nope.. I'm crying leh. I'm uncle liao

2) we have friends from school that are already married...

Yeah.. so happens I'm attending one wedding dinner tomorrow too.

3) we shake our heads everytime we see high school students fussing about their handphones in school..

Kid One: Hey, check out my Nokia N92
Kid Two: Hehhehe, your one suk la... my one limited edition Ericsson. model *some number*

(I'm embarrassed to show my phone around kids nowadays)

4) we don't hang on phone with our friends for hours a day talking about nothing...

Yes we do...long long time ago. Plus now got family plan mah. lol

5) when we meet back with our friends from time to time, we feel excited and happy talking about old times, the funny 'adventures' or stories that we experienced as a kid..

Yeah... I remember I once like this one girl alot but each time I see her I run like Michael Johnson. Now girls run away from me. *kekeke* REVENGE IS MINE!!

6) last but not least, that when you read this, you would think of all the happy & sad memories that you have experienced when you were still a kid and would think of forwarding this to your old friends that you have known since forever... i'm sure they would have a huge smile on their face after reading this.....

we're all getting old ;P

Yeah man... tell me about it -__-"

2 shots of whisky:

lurker said...

if you aren't already in here yet, here it is
:p
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2362368365

lurker said...

jialat.. just noticed it's the same thing u mentioned! haha, no need to approve the comment jor