Random Blog The Whisky Club

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Lies + Denial

Relationships, relationships. It seems like everyone has their own version of relationship vows or experiences to tell. 'She cheated on me with two of my best friend' or 'He asked for a break, but assured me that it was only momentarily and nothing to do with a third party' are no longer just happening in Korean dramas but very very common happenings in almost everyone's lifes.

Yesterday I had a really interesting conversation on relationships over dinner with a certain someone. This conversation relli struck me on how ironically tied our lifes are to everyone around us. All our actions determines the fate/directions and choices to be made by another and then another and so on. In the conversation, we were actually connecting the dots that we didn't really see; she told me wat happened in her previous relationship and I told her what I saw recently and the dots begins to connect with one another to form a clearer picture.

relation 6

She: He told me to wait, told me it wasn't because of another person. Told me we will be back together. He even told my friend the same thing. So I waited and it didn't happen.
Me: I saw him from afar with her, it looks like he is trying to pursue her and asking for a chance.

relation 3

I believe in many of our relationship experience, sometime or another we are in a state of denial.

relation4

Just because we would rather think otherwise or couldn't believe our partners are actually not what you thought capable of doing such things to you. But alot of times words that were carefully chosen to 'not-hurt-you' or to 'keep things open' are clear signs that the other partner are just being selfish and just want you to hang around just in case their already-made choice is not the right one.

Some of us have the patience and will that in some time or another the person will change for you. We often forget that true change should only be a decision made for our own and not for someone else...

relation2

In such emotionally-draining experiences, we sometimes lose our faith in love.

She: I think I would rather chose someone that loves me more for marriage. They would make me more secure.

relation 5

I believe that we know that all relationships are no guarantees. But if one choose to end it, least give it to your partner honestly.

relation

Isn't that the best last thing you could do for him or her? *phuicheh, macam consultant*. Changing someone's faith in love and creating a void in someone elses heart is just plain ruthless. So don't play play k?

So whether you both wanna grow old together or just hump each others brains out ... best be honest =)

0 shots of whisky: