Random Blog The Whisky Club

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Kung Pao Chicks, Frozen China

Nightlife in ShenYang is not as bad as I expected. Like it or not, entertainment is a must in the Chinese society, especially true in China when the essence of preserving 'face' is very important in the Chinese business world. Thus, everything is humongous and beautifully decorated. Every nightclub comes with a KTV area, filled up with smooth skinned Chinamuis hostesses.... every Sauna stacked with facilities equivalent of a 5 star hotel.... every big dining restaurant has several floors with private meeting rooms each the size of our local kopitiam.

Dinner time

Talk about eating, before I left... my colleagues threw a farewell dinner for me. Within 10 minutes of the dinner I was already drunk coz 18 of them raised their glasses one by one to drink with me. It is chinese customs to drink one on one each time and not like us who cheers with everybody. I had a holy drunken dinner *burp*

ShenYang SLS family

Here are a few places that I went while I was in ShenYang..

Xita Korean Town

Xi Ta Korea Town ( 西塔 xī tǎ )
Address: Shi Fu Road and Taiyuan Street ( 市府大路和太原北街 )

When I first reach Xita, I felt abit entranced.. what I had expected was maybe a street with many small stores and restaurants but instead the whole street lit up as though I just took a cab that teleported me to the nightstreets of Hong Kong.

xi ta (korean town)

My eyes were invaded by so many neon lights from KTVs and Korean Restaurants... it is crazy.

Xita again

I didn't really stayed long in Xi Ta because I was alone. No.. I don't wanna be singing alone -_-" but I did stop by a Korean restaurant for food. Had a few chat with the local Koreans there too who speaked Chinese and a lil English.

too many karaoke

I found out that there is a Korean town here because Shen Yang is located very near to Korea (actually right beside) and alot of them migrated here a long long time ago. And also is a popular nightspot among many of Shenyang’s foreign students, as well as the “hip” crowd of young Chinese.

Sunny Night Club

Sunny Night Club

Location: At the corner of Ba Jing Jie (八经街) and Jiu Wei Lu (九纬路), a few blocks north of Ma Lu Wan. All Shenyang taxi drivers know "wǔ yè yáng guāng."

Talk about big and classy clubs, Sunny Nightclub exterior and interior potrayed a very gothic architecture. It seems like I'm going into a place to do some dark ritual.. *thinks to self* mebbe that is what I've been doing after all *kekeke* A ritual that requires me in the centre and alot of girls around =P

Anyways, this club's sound system reminded me of the one I heard in a club in Las Vegas (Pure Nightclub)....simply crisp & clear, unlike those that is trying to make your ears bleed and ur brain explode. *lol*

Nightly, starting around 8:00, there is a Philippino band that plays Chinese and English pop and rock music. After thata it is pure China-techo pop. What you expect... its China wat?

SOS Nightclub

SOS Club ( SOS俱乐部 )
Address: 287 Taiyuan Nan Jie ( 和平区太原南街287号 )
Phone: (0) 24 8868 1111

SOS Nightclub

This place is definitely my favourite. Why? Coz it is new and it really has everything a club actually needs.Too bad that I couldn't take much photos here as I was not allowed to.. but steal steal take abit got lah *ekkeke*

I tell you, this place is the IT for me if I ever were to come close to a club that pimped to the max. It is two stories high, with 20 over enclosed VIP sofa areas upstairs and downstairs surrounding the bar and dancefloor,

SOS Disco

a humongous stage in front,

SOS Stage performance

a pole dancing area inside the bar area...

SOS Pole Dancing

and everything to the toilet had neon lights glowing on my thing. I could have swear that at some point when I was drunk and peeing, I felt like Luke Skywalker with a light saber *kekekeke*.

WTF... isit China's electricity free or what??

SOS walkway

Half way through, I also noticed 10s of china muis walking to certain patrons in between the crowds. It appears they also have hostesses ready to accompany lonely patrons if they are ready to pay for them. Wah liu.. wished I could take pictures of them tho, but I was afraid some China mafia gonna take a machine gun out.. so better not. I shoot them, they shoot me, but my weapon got no bullet -_-" No good...

Anyways, I met a girl named Xia Ping (snowing Ice) on my first day there and had became friends. (no... it is not what you think) She and her kungpao friends joined us too. I had a kungpao time =P

Xia Ping

Really had a great time when I was there =)

0 shots of whisky: